Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Wordless Wednesday: VE Day Party

As it was the anniversary of VE Day a few days ago, here is a photograph of the party that took place for VE Day in 1945 in my father's street (I believe it was Ilchester Crescent, Bedminster, Bristol).

My aunt, Betty Brown, is the young woman leaning over the table in the dark dress on the right. My Dad is one of the boys on the left - you can just see him squinting at the camera. He was 11 years old when the war ended, so could remember little else. In fact, he has fond memories of the war - despite the heavy Blitz in Bristol. He remembers a time of great freedom and excitement. I think the adults around the table would have had a different view.




Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com